The Director of Marketing and Communications is a key position that oversees marketing, communications, and public relations. This position will work closely with senior management and is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and project management of the bank’s marketing and communications activities.
Responsibilities:(1) oversee the bank’s brand and direct/design all bank marketing materials (2) develop strategic marketing/communications plan and budget (3) coordinate all public relations and media relations and (4) support departments with written communications and content for social and on-line platforms.
Primary Duties include (but are not limited to):
Marketing & Communications:
- Serve as the brand manager for the bank. Ensure brand integrity, compliance, consistency of message and clear connection to brand identity.
- Develop and implement annual strategic marketing and communication plan – includes plans for target market, increase brand awareness and growth of market share.
- Develop and write content for internal and external marketing collateral, press releases, social media, website, mobile apps and online presence.
- Engage regularly with senior management to ensure alignment on bank priorities. Support leadership through development of internal and external communications.
- Help identify, coordinate and/or develop sales training programs for staff.
- Lead community engagement initiatives, planning and/or attending community events on behalf of the bank, both virtually and in-person, including occasional nights and weekends
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, staff, consultants, partners and vendors.
- Write and coordinate crisis communications for the bank.
- Partner with President and CEO on issue management strategies as required.
- Support the bank on additional projects and tasks as needed
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation
- Manage ad campaigns and spend budgets
- Prepare and report on ROI, advertising reach, Google Analytics, as well as other reports as needed.
- Oversee the work of vendors, advertising agency and partners on marketing, advertising and brand initiatives.
- Other project management duties as assigned
- Develop and operationalize annual media advocacy plan.
- Proactively pitch priority messages to media.
- Enhance media engagement through formal stewardship program.
- Coordinate interview and meeting logistics; develop briefings for spokespeople; develop key messages and talking points; and prepare spokespeople for interviews.
- Strong creative, strategic, public speaking, analytical, organizational and sales skills.
- Possesses excellent writing skills, including grammar and proofreading.
- Bachelor's Degree (Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations or related field)
- Minimum 5-7 years of related experience
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing and executing advertising campaigns, writing press releases, making presentations and presenting to stakeholders and the media.
- This position is located in Duluth, MN and is not a remote position at this time.
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Flex Time
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment