North Shore Investments & Trust is seeking a detail orientated Estate Settlement Specialist to join our team! This position will include trust and estate settlement by managing the process in a seamless and professional manner. This position is full-time, but a part-time opportunity would be considered for the right candidate.
- Assist in the administration of estate and trust estate accounts by marshaling assets and assisting the administrative officer with valuing all assets for tax and distribution purposes.
- Manage the personal property and matters related to a decedent's residence.
- Prepare Estate Inventories and Property Schedules.
- Review legal documents such as deeds to real estate, titles to automobiles, titling of accounts, beneficiary designations, contractual agreements, buy-sell agreements, etc. and calculate appropriate value for tax reporting and distribution purposes.
- Independently respond to questions and address concerns from beneficiaries, accountants, attorneys, co-Trustees and internal groups.
- Interact with internal staff and act as a liaison with outside professionals, maintaining responsibility of tasks until all issues are resolved.
- Account opening/closing, bill paying, check requests/distributions, monitoring daily cash positions for overdrafts and exceptions.
- Maintains compliance with all internal policies and procedures, as well as, with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Management of new and existing Will and Trust Files.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of similar or related experience. Experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Paralegal or Legal studies a plus.
- Exceptional process management abilities
- Comfortable interacting with clients, business professionals and staff members
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Self-starter/inquisitive/ resourceful
- Ability to adapt, change and grow within a position
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Flex Time
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment