As the area’s largest local residential lender, North Shore Bank is seeking a Mortgage Compliance/QC Officer. The North Shore Mortgage Division has a first-rate reputation and is excited to grow our team! If you have recent experience managing mortgage compliance or quality control, this may be a good fit for you! We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package and a fun team oriented environment.
The individual will perform essential duties required of this position including, but not limited to:
- Monitor and manage day-to-day compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations as it applies to the mortgage lending operation.
- Manage quality control (QC) processes for the mortgage lending operation.
- Perform weekly QC audits of loans prior to closing, review management response to post closing QC audits and review sub-servicer performance, all in compliance with company policies and investor and regulatory requirements.
- Perform quarterly HMDA monitoring. Ensure quarterly reports are complete and accurate. Ensure information is entered correctly for the LAR report.
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal controls and compliance-related policies and procedures to improve data integrity and the effectiveness of processes.
- Assist with compliance training of mortgage staff.
- Assist with the management of mortgage related audits and regulatory examinations.
- Communicate and report deficiencies identified in QC audits that require remediation.
- Assist with coordination and response to regulatory consumer complaints.
- Manage, monitor and implement North Shore Bank’s Fair Lending Annual Assessment and draft executive summaries for Board Review, as well as the Bank’s regulators.
- Oversee the NMLS process for the mortgage lending operation.
- Work closely with team members in the Enterprise Risk Management department.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training required. Must have experience working with all state and federal mortgage regulations, including HMDA, ECOA, RESPA and Fair Lending.
- Ability to underwrite conforming and non-conforming mortgage loans.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as provide team motivation and leadership.
- Ability to work in a moderately fast-paced environment.
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Flex Time
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment