North Shore Bank is a locally-owned and managed, independent, community bank that has been operating in the Duluth area for over 100 years! As the area’s largest local residential lender, North Shore Bank is seeking a Loan Processor. The North Shore Mortgage department has a first-rate reputation and is excited to grow our team! The individual in this role will receive and fulfill loan application requests into loan approval and closing with the support of the loan production support team. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package and a fun team oriented environment. This position is on-site (Duluth, MN), but a remote or hybrid opportunity may be considered based on experience and the right fit. North Shore Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Reviews residential loan application files to verify that application data is complete and meets bank standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities and length of employment.
- Orders, reviews and confirms credit bureau and employment information meet loan program requirements.
- Orders property abstract, survey, appraisal, title and flood and reviews information to confirm documentation meets program requirements.
- Reviews and submits a clear and complete file information and submission to Underwriting for loan approval. Works with Underwriting and Closing to obtain any items to clear conditions prior to closing for a seamless closing transaction for the customer
- Supports Loan Originator with pipeline management.
- Communicates with internal and external contacts throughout the loan process to provide updates and/or request documentation needed to obtain a clear loan approval.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Two year degree or related experience
- Two to ten years mortgage processing experience and knowledge of FHA, VA, RD and Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac products
- Experience with Encompass360 preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with customers and the mortgage team in a timely and professional manner
- Ability to multitask and process loans accurately in a fast paced environment
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Flex Time