As the area’s largest local residential lender, North Shore Bank is seeking an experienced Operations Manager to join our Mortgage department! This position will oversee the daily operations process ensuring all federal and bank regulations are met with integrity and efficiency while providing a high level of customer service and leadership to the team. The North Shore Mortgage department has a first-rate reputation and is excited to grow our team.
- Manage and direct the daily activities of the operations team of approximately 10+ while ensuring teamwork and effective communication. Establish operational objectives and work plans with the team to provide a high level of customer service.
- Organize department and individual staff meetings to support communication and development, including training.
- Responsible for knowledge of Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae and various investor guidelines and staying up to date on any new or changing regulations related
- Develop operational processes and procedures in compliance to regulations while maintaining maximum department efficiency. Implement any new policies, processes or procedures and keep staff update to date on necessary training. Provide loan level resolution for operational related issues relating to origination, processing, closing, and servicing.
- Provide oversight and make recommendations on intricate loans, prepared documents and QC vendors
- Manage in house bank portfolios
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree or five or more years of banking and mortgage experience
- Supervisor or managerial experience and ability to effectively communicate with the team
- Strong knowledge of the industry and mortgage and banking regulations
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Proficient computer skills; Jack Henry and Encompass experience is a plus
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Flex Time
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment