As the area’s largest residential lender, North Shore Bank is seeking a Mortgage Underwriter. The North Shore Mortgage Division has a first-rate reputation and is excited to grow our team! If you have recent experience in mortgage underwriting, this may be a good fit for you! We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package and a fun team oriented environment.
This position is responsible for approving or denying mortgage loans, following bank standards. The individual will perform duties required of this position including, but not limited to:
- Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan applications and required documentation to determine if the applicant, property, and loan conditions meet secondary market, bank and government standards.
- Analyzes loan risk and requests additional information needed to make final underwriting decision.
- Prepares reports and assessments on findings.
- Makes loan eligibility decisions and approves or rejects applications.
- Documents and effectively communicates reasons for approval/rejection of applications.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards.
- Ensures compliance with bank and secondary market underwriting policies and guidelines.
- Evaluates acceptability of loan to investors that purchase real estate loans on the secondary mortgage markets.
- Organizes and completes loan applications within a prescribed time frame.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not required.
- Four years related experience and/or training preferred. Must have experience working with all state and federal mortgage regulations. Including; but not limited to HMDA, ECOA, RESPA, and Fair Lending.
- Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a high degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize.
- Detail-oriented with strong data analysis skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and automated underwriting systems (AUS).
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off and Flex Time
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment