North Shore Bank is a locally-owned and managed, independent, community bank that has been operating in the Duluth area for over 100 years! North Shore Bank is seeking a Mortgage Closer to join our team! This position will prepare mortgage loan closing legal documents and disclosures as well as balance the closing disclosure with the settlement agent to assure a smooth loan closing for purchase and refinance transactions. Individuals with or without closing experience may apply as we are willing to train the right individual and provide opportunity for growth. Position title based on experience. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package and a fun team-oriented environment. This position is located onsite in Duluth, MN. North Shore Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Review title related documentation in preparation for loan data input into the loan origination system.
- Works along other mortgage operations closers and post closers to assure file documentation is accurate and meets all lending guidelines.
- Daily communication with both internal and external parties to locate and coordinate information needed to prepare closing documents. Calculate and request closing wire timely to assure funds are available when customers reach the closing table.
- Cross trains within other areas of mortgage operations to assist with backup coverage. Develops efficient processes and best practices within the loan origination platform with use of hands-on experience
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- One to three years of mortgage, banking, title insurance or financial related experience desired but will train the right candidate. Knowledge of mortgage legal documents a plus. Position title based on experience.
- Great customer service skills and desire to help others
- Strong written and verbal communication, time management, organization and computer skills
- Ability to work independently, proven self-starter who is detail-orientated and strives at multi-tasking.
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA, EAP, Wellness Program
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off, Personal and Flex Time, Volunteer Hours
- Paid Holidays
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment