North Shore Bank is a locally-owned and managed, independent, community bank that has been operating in the Duluth area for over 100 years. Our Investments & Trust department is seeking a Trust Associate to join our team! This position is responsible for various administrative and operational support functions in the department. We offer competitive pay, a full benefits package and a fun team oriented environment. This full-time position is located onsite in Duluth, MN. North Shore Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Facilitate processing of daily distributions and contributions for various account types using department software.
- Provide support to administrators and to the department through various operational and administrative duties. Some duties may include; issuing disbursements, preparing meeting materials, account reconciliation, preparing internal forms, contact and communication with various individuals (clients, beneficiaries, external professionals), etc.
- Provide backup support and cross-train with operational positions to develop and maintain the skills necessary to independently perform functions associated with disbursements, receipts or investments.
- Prepare, mail and track client communications and notices. A significant amount of trust, diplomacy, confidentiality, professionalism and tact are required through all forms of communication.
- Desire and ability to learn new concepts and apply them in a functional manner. Areas of knowledge may include; investments, IRAs, estate work, real estate, banking functions, tax, fiduciary responsibility, accounting/bookkeeping and other wealth management related topics.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; experience in lieu of degree will be considered. Position title based on level of experience and education.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Inquisitive, resourceful and enjoys research and problem solving
- Ability to shift priorities and multitask
- Self-Starter and willingness to learn a variety of new concepts and skills related to the department
- Works well in a team environment and willing to help others
- Medical, Vision and Dental, Life, Disability, Flexible Spending, HSA, EAP, Wellness program
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off, Personal Day, Flex Time, Volunteer Hours
- Paid Holidays
- Fun and friendly family-owned work environment